Read! Read! Read!
10 Reasons To Read To Your Child
1. Because when you hold children and give them this attention, they know you love them.
2. Because reading to children will encourage them to become readers.
3. Because children’s books today are so good that they are fun even for adults.
4. Because children’s books illustrations often rank with the best, giving them a lifelong feeling for good art.
5. Because books are one way of passing on your moral values to children. Readers know how to put themselves in other’s shoes.
6. Because until they learn to read for themselves, they will think you are magic.
7. Because every teacher and librarian they encounter will thank you.
8. Because it’s nostalgic.
9. Because for that short space of time, they will stay clean and quiet.
10. Because, if you do, they may then let you read in peace.